Monday, April 5, 2010

Showing Daniel (more on why visitors f-en rock...)

That's my friend Daniel... a guy who's living in the city & was needing a nature fix.... something I can provide in endless quantities. We went for a walk along the creek beginning at my cabin and following the road. In the picture above that may look like a creek he is crossing but actually it is the road to my driveway - the creek that crosses it is kinda big in one spot.

We saw some cool things today, beginning with low flying turkey vultures circling over head...
Neat trees, so many i wish i knew what they were, what their purpose is. Can anyone identify what the tree below is by it's bark? It was quite large and I don't recognize it. That is Daniel in the background next to it , he was throwing big rocks into the water - boys like to throw and breaks things, and sometimes so do I.
There are some beautiful signs of spring happening now - tiny flowers and the succulents are varying their colors and getting more lively and plump. Purple is my favorite color... so these awed me...
Water does magical things to trees- weather, decay, rain, shaping it's dead wood into something sculptural, something i want to wear as a mask, or crawl into and live.
I don't know how I did it, but i totally match the moss in the background. My decorator mom would be proud. ;) (BTW, those are mardi gras beads I am wearing that where my Mimi's, she'd used for a flapper costume... i was feeling her spirit today!)
Thanks so much Daniel for coming to visit me & letting me show you my pieces of nature, even if I am a spazzy recluse. At least I am less dangerous then a brown recluse.
PS- a real live video... not my usual slide show but a moving picture video will be coming soon thanks to my friend Daniel and his cool camera! Ya'll will love it.

XoXoxox

2 comments:

Bort said...

Oh my goth!Git that city boy outta thar fore he hurts hisself!

Miss Voodoo said...

Inside all of us is a survivor right?
Jus' like in the zombie movies!