Monday, April 12, 2010

Eco Efficient Kitchen: Before and After

The Luck Cabin kitchen BEFORE::::You can see it was a bit spread out and hap hazard, had particle board counter tops, and there was no bathroom in the cabin at all to start with - so this space was to be divided in half, so that the back part was the bathroom and the front was an efficiency kitchen.
The Luck Cabin Kitchen/ Bathroom Wall ::::
The wall was put in with locally milled pine for $40, and then my friend Noelle helped me put together my idea for a kitchen counter to fit in the small space.
The frame was just 2 x 4 studs...
But the actual materials used were mostly reclaimed, reuse, found -
  • The counter top is made of left over hickory plank floors
  • The sink was already in the house and is being put back in
  • The log legs for support I handsaw'ed in the woods
  • The nails were already in the house too
So what had to be bought was the 2 x 4's and a working faucet....
the whole thing came together with a rustic look and I love it. LOOooove it.

It's still a work in progress, but most the main stuff is done enough that i wanted to share it with ya'll!!!
The Luck Cabin Kitchen AFTER::::
XoXo

2 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

The amount of work you've accomplished and with so little money spent is amazing. I'd like to think I could do this but know I can't.

Willow Carver said...

I love this it is gorgeous! I'm so happy for you, finding this wonderful magical retreat!