Thursday, August 27, 2009

Book Review: Animal Dreams

"If you want sweet dreams, you've got to live a sweet life." - Animal Dreams

I have been reading a ton of books this summer, and I think this one might be my favorite. I was attracted to the title cause, well it says 'animal' - and because I love Barbara Kingsolver (or I think I love her, I certainly love every book I read by her, The Poisonwood Bible, Animal Vegetable Miracle and The Prodigal Summer.) I got the book off my neighbor's "goodwill table" when they were moving out, and it was a good score! Without going into detail, because what the book is are the details of people's lives laid in the most true way I could possibly imagine someone can write... It's fiction that feels more real then your own life you are living - Barabara Kingsolver shows a talent for writing out thought patterns creating a larger then life, living breathing character. It takes you through a modern drama without being contrived and dramatic, it touches on that personal drama residing in each person's heart, who wants to understand their family, love, their town, their place in life, and the future.

Enough said, it rocks! I love it. If you see at your used book store pick it up!

XoXo

No comments: