Monday, August 18, 2008

Solar Lights: Sun and Moon Jars

I saw these awesome solar lights over at Inhabitat, and was totally in a trance. I wish I could say this is an easy DIY project, but when I read how it was put together I wasn't so sure I could figure it out. (I am open to suggestions!)
I would love to be able to save up enough money to buy a dozen of these and let them light up a room - how romantic would that be! They are $39.99 at Perpetual Kid ... "Made with a traditional Mason jar and high tech energy efficient lighting! Captured inside the jar are a highly efficient solar cell, rechargeable battery and low energy LED lamps. When the jar is placed in sunlight the solar cell creates an electrical current that charges the battery over a few hours. This energy is then used at night to power the three LED lamps inside the jar".
Awesome.

No comments: