Friday, October 1, 2010

Animal Tracking: Bobcat & Wild Turkey

Can hardly see it huh? Neither could I. As I was walking I began to stare to my right at the smooth clay & silt where rain had drained down the side of a mountain road, I imagined how nice some tracks would look in that perfectly smooth mud...
then I saw it.
Bobcat tracks.
One after another in a staight line, wide apart and shaped with such perfection that it left no doubt as to what had left it. No claw marks, large pads, feline shape... (see track info & drawings HERE)....
A bobcat moving upward along the road, moving towards some turkey feathers and...
...wild turkey tracks (see pic below)! You can almost see the scene unfolding, like a dream of something to happen, already happened, to always happen. The hunt. The cat trailing the bird in hunger, in play and power.
Xoxoxo

4 comments:

Cosmic said...

mmm interesting indeed!
x

Unknown said...

on the trail... you have the eyes of a tracker...

NeutralGround said...

Absolutely amazing!

Miss Voodoo said...

Thanks ya'll!
So glad everyone in getting into the mystery of animal tracking... so much to watch int he forest even when the animals are hiding.