Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Did I tell Ya'll I'm Moving?

...to this tiny cabin in Hot Springs, NC (in the pic below). During my time spent in Western North Carolina (almost 9 years) I have moved over 12 times - which is why I tend to be called a gypsy, someone who can't settle down, someone who can't commit, but also someone who likes adventure and can make a home where ever I end up. Out of those 12 moves, only two were close into a small town, the other ten were always at the end of some rural road, in the middle of nowhere... all by chance, and a little choice.
Once again I am summoning my inner gypsy to make another move, and at the same time giving her a re-assignment to stop the physical moving, and just keep that shit spiritual... ya know?

Big thanks to my Mom & Dad who are helping me make this happen!

PS - I won't be leaving Big Sandy Mush for a few weeks... I sure will miss it.




XoXo

8 comments:

Everett said...

RE: Stop the physical moving and keep it spiritual...

Have you ever heard "Still is still moving to me" by Willie Nelson? Might be an apt song for this settling down of a gypsy.

You can listen on Last FM (click the play button on the right top column of page):

http://www.last.fm/music/Willie+Nelson/_/Still+Is+Still+Moving+to+Me

Miss Voodoo said...

Thanks Everett ...
That song totally rocked, and said exactly what I was trying to say.
:)

Lou Cheese said...

Hot babe in Hot Springs.

Miss Voodoo said...

Mr. Cheese, ya have a way with words.
When you build your tiny eco home on wheels and come stay in hot springs, you can actually go through the mountains to the town and sit in the real hot springs, it's named after.
I wish one would bubble up at my house, like a freaking Gizzzzer!

Meg said...

Lucky you! I missed the original post (though I did go back to read it!) So I will post my congratulations now! So so awesome, and that cabin is beyond adorable.

Oh, and the mountain pictures have me drooling. I may have grown up in the flat mudlands of NC, but I was born in the Virginian mountains, and that love has never left!

Miss Voodoo said...

Thanks so much Meg! I didn't know you were from these mountains! yay.

Mokihana Calizar said...

Blessed be the Gypsy, for they have a gene that travels. I am so happy for you, Leslie Gal!

Good fortunate be there when you arrive.

Aloha,
Mokihana

Miss Voodoo said...

Thanks Mokihana for your always poetic support! It means alot!

ps--- almost time to get that donkey i saved up for! ;)