Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Re-inhabited Bee Hive

Check out the big cool old bee nest that was hiding in the dark smelly silo! The more layers the more amazing it is to me - this one is about 1/3 the size of the largest I ever found, but even the tinest of these nests always sucks me into their miraculous construction. Or should I say meticulous? Fabulous? Insects sometimes seem to be the smartest creatures in the world, building such simple yet intricate homes - their lives are occasionally my envy. Never the length of it though.
This nest is now an apartment complex for ladybugs, micro centipedes, and a big long legged brown and black spider! The spider was aggressive and took me by surprise but didn't dare crawl onto my hand. He just went from layer to layer, in and out looking for a better place to hide from the flash of the camera. I decided to bring the whole gang inside the house with me and placed it in one of my plant pots. :)
XoXo

No comments: