What You'll Need:
- Eden Organic Canned Chickpeas (or other gluten free brand) - 2 cans
- Lundberg Organic Brown Rice -1/2 a cup
- Organic Herbs- rosemary, parsley, oregano or basil (whichever you like best, in amounts you like)
- Organic Red Onion - 1/3 chopped up
- Organic Olive Oil - couple teaspoons
- Ume Vinegar or Sea Salt- shake to personal salt preference
STEP 1: Cook the chickpeas and rice. I cooked mine with bay leaf, rosemary and ume plum for salt.
STEP 2: Smash the rice and chickpeas with a fork till textured. I made more rice then normal for this batch - a helpful hint is not too much rice and make sure all water is drained out, the burger will stick together better this way. Wet burgers will taste good but will fall apart.
STEP 3: Add chopped onion and herbs to the smooshed up chickpeas.
STEP 4: For pazzazz I added some grated carrot, then threw in the ume vinegar (salt source) & 3 teaspoons of olive oil.
STEP 5: Mix it all up and then form patties in your pan. You can cook them without oil, fry them with oil, or bake them to get an outside crunchy layer!!! I topped mine with baked shittake mushrooms and ate it straight out the pan with a fork. :) Mmmmmm. Goooood.