Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rain Barrels To The Rescue

This is my friend Paul Van Heden. He makes really pretty, cute, fun, fancy artsy rain barrels here in Western North Carolina! Today he came over to drop off two hand picked & painted barrels so i can start collecting rain at my cabin, and most importantly at my mini-barn where JuJu the donkey and my chickens live. I have a small spring coming from underground where the animals stay, and also spring water I fill up in buckets at my cabin and drag down to the barn, sloshing water on my jeans and down into my shoes all along the way. These rain barrels will make watering the animals a hella easier...
And seriously... aren't they cute? Nothing wrong with a ridculously adorable & eco friendly rain barrel!
These have two holes at the top with a net over them, so I have to set up a gutter/down spout to direct the water into the tank... until then it'll be all about getting the right aim in the rain. :)
*
"One inch of rain on a 1,000-square-foot roof will yield around 600 gallons of water, the average American uses 100 gallons of water per day." (water conservation)
*
We give these water barrels two thumbs, hooves, claws, and paws up!
Xoxoxoxox

2 comments:

Noise Blockers and Other Remedies said...

Verry nice.
En-joy!

Cosmic said...

Very practicle and cute too!

Where would be be without lovely friends(a friend in need is a friend indeed sounds like Paul:)?!!!
x