a life that doesn't destroy our basic resource & lifeline, nature in it's wildest form.
It's nothing I discuss often with others, but here are some reasons why I live the way I do::::
- I refuse to take part in the pollution that I believe causes chronic diseases and human suffering (like the auto immune disease i have...)
- I feel that all creation is equal and the plants, animals, trees all should have respect- the food chain and survival chain should be used wisely not selfishly
- I only want to put energy into supporting a lifestyle that which won't continue further destruction (long term or short term) of nature- putting my energy into skills for homesteading, rewilding, and organic minded activities.
- I don't want to support with my $$$ any asshole company helping pollute on ANY level (that goes for chemical, fashion, food, and also big Pharma putting drugs through bodies and into our water)
- I believe that children deserve the peace and experience of true wildlife, for reasons mental, spiritual and vastly biological- i think without it kids are detached and will behave detached in many other aspects of their life (and when I am an old lady those kids are going to be running sh*t, ya know!)
*I don't walk on eggshells, have less quality of life or suffer by refusing to clean my house, paint my house or fix my house with chemicals. I don't suffer because I refuse to buy any clothing slave made of chemical fabrics (unless thrifted), I feel good about what I put on. I don't have less a life because I go by car very little and instead I choose to enjoy & explore the area I actually live in.
I realized many years ago that our lives are formed mostly of (raised) habits, and as many times a day as I am told by people "it's cool you live like that, but i could never do it".... i know from experience that we all really could.
(ps- the pic above is from this summer when my sister's kid came to visit me.)