Thursday, September 2, 2010

Peek-A-Boo With JuJu (the donkey)

After reading up in various places online about Training A Donkey, I finally found one thing that was utterly consistent throughout all the methods & ideas (which ain't easy)... Donkeys are curious! And this curiosity is the way to getting their friendship, love, attention, and eventually it is your biggest tool in training them to do specific tasks.
*
I decided to play Peek-A-Boo with JuJu, to see if she would take interest in my silly antics... this was not a recommended game, I just started doing it to see how she would react. I would stand outside her stall quietly, and then poke my head around saying "ah-boo" in a soft, happy voice. She immediately wanted to know what was going on with me. I did it about 3 times before she had to come out the stall and follow me... at which point I snuck around the barn wall to the other side and poked my head out again, saying "ah-boo"....
She caught onto the game and when we got to the next wall she passed me up to show me she knew where I was going already, and had figured out the exciting plot to Peek-A-Boo. WOoo-hooo!
After she came fully around the barn I rewarded her with a treat she loves in her special "treatsie pot". I would love to know more training games we could play together, if anyone has any suggestions, has used any specific techniques, or knows of one fun for us BOTH, send me a link- pretty please!
JuJu Bean says YAYAYAYAYAY!

XOxox

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing ass.

Cosmic said...

aaaaaaaaah cute!

Kittie Howard said...

The last photo reminds me of Mr. Ed! 'cept Ju Ju's prettier!

Miss Voodoo said...

Anonymous-
Yeah, wait till she does tricks!

Cosmic...
I know, she makes all these expressive and adorable faces. Love.

Kittie-
If she starts talking it's gonna be awesome.

Unknown said...

You make my day. You and this Juju are really going places.