Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Building My Cedar Chest

Hey Ya'll! Here is a lil' video I put together about my trials and tribulations of building a chest made of cedar...
I made this chest to keep my natural fiber clothing from getting seriously moldy during the humid summers here in the Appalachian Mountains - it's really easy to make once ya learn a few tricks about putting it together. Building it myself made the $cost$ of the chest about 1/3 of the price I would have had to pay for one ($40 for the wood).
I love natural living on the cheap! ;)





Xoxoxox

4 comments:

cedar chest said...

You know, we have cedar chests too :)

- Erik

Miss Voodoo said...

Erik - leave a LINK!

Lou Cheese said...

Carpentry + single person = strong need for C-clamps.

Miss Voodoo said...

Hey Mr. Lou Cheese !

Very strong need, a need i thought of often.
I orginally wanted to do the whole thing with only basic hand tools and was magorly bummed i even had to pre-drill - thicker wood doesnt crack like that- even thicker cedar won't - but even remotely thin cedar cracks and is pretty delicate to work with.