Friday, April 17, 2009

Ring Neck Snake

While diggin' up an old pathway buried under tons of soil & wild plants I found this cute wittle bitty snake. I have no idea what it's official name is but he wasn't even as big as the biggest earth worm I have seen & he wasn't too aggressive either.
He has an orange belly and a yellow ring around his neck, the rest of his smooth scales were black. He's the third snake I have seen in the last week - the first looked like a little Timber Rattler and the second was a common grey water snake... I can't help but like them all. :) I may change my mind though when the Copperheads come out.
XoXo

2 comments:

Billm said...

I found one in my driveway last night. It is about 11" long and is slate gray with a wide bright orange ring around its neck and a solid deep orange belly. Once you hold it for a minute, it calms down alot. I'm feeding it small pinkies. They make great pets.

Miss Voodoo said...

Hey Billm -
what's a pinkie? i am assuming you dont mean human pinkies!
;)