Monday, May 26, 2008

How Do You Get A Peach Seed Out A Peach Pit?

I got soooo excited when after I ate an organic apricot I popped open the pit with a nut cracker and out flew the apricot seed. I immediately filled a pot with dirt and leaves and planted it, then was on to the next piece of fruit. But damn, peach pits are like rock walls around the special prize (a little almond shaped seed), and if only it took three licks to get to the center of the peach pit! (Don't try that at home, it's poisonous.) I pushed, I chipped away, I tried to be all zen and meditate the seed out of there - but to no avail. How DO you get the seed out of the pit?
My new experiment is to soak it in a jar of water into a weak walled oblivion, so that the nut cracker will magically open the soggy pit with ease. Think it will work?
Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments: