Saturday, November 7, 2009

Alone In The Wilderness With Dick Proenneke

Yesterday I got a DVD in the mail from a friend and commenter here at The Oko Box (Thanks Blair!)... the video was about a man who went out into the remote woods and built a cabin without any power tools, and ended up so comfy & happy there he stayed in his hand built cabin for the next 30+ years. I found a condensed version of the video on youtube, and although it leaves out some extraordinary parts of his creative abilities - you'll get the idea of how bad ass this guy was! He has inspired my already inspired self to follow my earthy dreams and heart, and don't let anything stand in the way of my love for nature.



XoXo

2 comments:

linda said...

very cool, thanks for posting this

Miss Voodoo said...

Hey Linda!
I hope you can find the whole film online - he makes his own door hinges and everything from the wood and his ax - it it unreal! I am so inspired by his spirit and perseverance, I feel like he is living exactly as i want to live and build---> many people dont understand a natural lifestyle and feel like they would die without conveniences, but those of us drawn to this can not live any other way- anything other then this is like slow death.