Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Oko Box Is Relocating

Bloggin' may be a little stunted and sparse as I pack up myself & The Oko Box to move back to the town where it all started. Back in the winter of 2006 I started The Oko Box from an idea in my head and a little money from selling my previous house - I had moved into an authentic log cabin over 100 years old in Big Sandy Mush, NC. I was surrounded by two large streams, waterfalls, giant trees, rocks, coyotes, skunks, deer and used only an outhouse for a bathroom. Since leaving that beauty I have been living downtown in the cities of Waynesville and Asheville, NC - and have been patiently waiting to go back to the simple lifestyle I really love most, which is being the crazy lady in the woods who has twigs stuck in her hair, animals following her through the gardens and trees, growing her own food and talking smack about solar power everything.So this month I am packing to go back to the very rural and intriguing Big Sandy Mush ... a place where no cell phone towers exist, a place that by law can not be developed, a place left only to farming & forest conservation (and probably a few wacky backwoods old men with hounds & rifles!) :) Don't fret that you won't be able to reach me though, I will still have internet service, telephone, and IM!!!
xoxo*Photos of Big Sandy Mush from http://www.randallglen.com/location.html*

5 comments:

Mokihana Calizar said...

Yippee and blessings for a gentle move. Mokihana

Mokihana Calizar said...

Leslie, I'm back again after reading the link to the Mush ... this is a fantastic, positive example of preservation and occupation of the best sort. And now, The Oko Box and you will be part of the solutions. Patient wise woman, this is an event to celebrate.

I am inspired to keep taking the steps to get our vardo and we two old dears ready for the woods, too.

xx00xxNice:)

Anonymous said...

It's exciting to see photos of where you are going. It looks like the perfect place for you. All best with packing and moving! xoxo

Anonymous said...

I'll miss you. We only met a few times, but you made quite an impression.

Miss Voodoo said...

aw- thanks for all the well wishes ya'll! I am super excited to be going back to the life i love and get some really fresh air and clean water :)
I will be able to do lots of fun projects involving nature on The Oko Box- maybe a little bit of a crafty Girl Vs Wild!!?

PaulV -
That is super sweet and hopefully you can come out and visit me - you can go hiking or camping out there! :)