- drove truck to state road that gets plowed and hiked back up a mile to the cabin
- filled the tub with water (pot by pot cause the water pipes under my cabin froze a week ago)
- fill pots and jars with water
- cook food ahead of time
- clean house, change cat litter, feed animals
- cleaned out composting toilet (frozen urine would be just TOO frOckin' much for me at this point!!!!)
- carried in STACKS of logs into the cabin and onto the porch
- hand washed comfort clothes and hung to dry above wood stove
- move all my bedding into my loft, where it's warm & I will be sleeping when it get down to -20 degrees
- charge up my crank lantern
- fall down in snow a bunch and not cry
the last storm never bothered to melt, my pipes under the house never defrosted (even though my gravity fed spring is still running just fine. It was supposed to rain today but instead of nice melty rain it snowed a few more inches. And well the icing on that snow cake is coming tonight and tomorrow thru the night.... feet of snow icing I am guessing.
What can i say? I dont like this part.... whatever this is a part of. But the feeling of accomplishing so much in one day to prepare for the worst feels damn good.
I need a girl scout uniform... but one that is long sleeve and made of alpaca wool, comes with matching wool gloves, hat, scarf, coat and leggings. With logo snow boots. Thanks Universe!
BTW- I hope i don't lose power, internet or phone... but I dont know what is coming, and after last year I except the worst. Will miss ya'll if I do go M.I.A!!!! SMOOCHes!